How this science reporter get caught stretching the truth?
Michael Shermer is a skeptical of an afterlife, but he might have gone too far when reporting the evidence for near-death experience.
Alex Tsakiris of Skeptiko interviews Dr. Michael Shermer, author of The Moral Arc, about morality, and near-death experience science reporting.
Join Skeptiko host Alex Tsakiris for an interview with Dr. Michael Shermer, founder of Skeptic magazine, and author of The Moral Arc. During the interview Dr. Shermer discusses how his interpretation of a peer-reviewed near-death experience research paper outraged the researcher:
For more visit: https://www.skeptiko.com/269-michael-shermer-skeptical-science-reporting/
Skeptiko.com is the #1 podcast covering the science of human consciousness. We cover six main categories:
– Near-death experience science and the ever growing body of peer-reviewed research surrounding it.
– Parapsychology and science that defies our current understanding of consciousness.
– Consciousness research and the every expanding scientific understanding of who we are.
– Spirituality and the implications of new scientific discoveries to our understanding of it.
– Others and the strangeness of close encounters.
– Skepticism and what we should make of the “Skeptics”.
Published on March 20, 2015