Dan Harris is a star at ABC News, but his investigation of meditation and science turned into more than a news story.
Alex Tsakiris of Skeptiko interviews Dan Harris, author of 10% Happier about his experiences with meditation, and the larger question of whether meditation defies science’s understanding of consciousness and the relationship between mind and body.
March 9, 2015 – DEL MAR, Calif. — Join Skeptiko host Alex Tsakiris for an interview with Dan Harris, ABC news journalist and author of 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works-A True Story. Harris discusses his experiences with meditation and the scientific evidence suggesting it can enhance one’s happiness:
For more visit: https://www.skeptiko.com/268-dan-harris-does-meditation-defy-science/
Skeptiko.com is the #1 podcast covering the science of human consciousness. We cover six main categories:
– Near-death experience science and the ever growing body of peer-reviewed research surrounding it.
– Parapsychology and science that defies our current understanding of consciousness.
– Consciousness research and the every expanding scientific understanding of who we are.
– Spirituality and the implications of new scientific discoveries to our understanding of it.
– Others and the strangeness of close encounters.
– Skepticism and what we should make of the “Skeptics”.
Published on March 12, 2015