Mark Vernon reveals how progressive Christians struggle with their tradition’s past while holding on to the promise of spiritual transformation.
Alex Tsakiris of Skeptiko interviews author Mark Vernon about the institution of religion and whether Christianity is worth saving.
Join Skeptiko host Alex Tsakiris for an interview with Mark Vernon to discuss the contrasts between Eastern and Western spiritual traditions and the future of Christianity:
For more visit: https://www.skeptiko.com/275-mark-vernon-is-christianity-worth-saving/
Skeptiko.com is the #1 podcast covering the science of human consciousness. We cover six main categories:
– Near-death experience science and the ever growing body of peer-reviewed research surrounding it.
– Parapsychology and science that defies our current understanding of consciousness.
– Consciousness research and the every expanding scientific understanding of who we are.
– Spirituality and the implications of new scientific discoveries to our understanding of it.
– Others and the strangeness of close encounters.
– Skepticism and what we should make of the “Skeptics”.
Published on June 10, 2015