Analyzing UFO PhotographswithRay Stanford
February 24, 2023
Ray Stanford has photographed UFOs since the 1950s and offers many insights as to what the images reveal.
Who are Inanna and Ishtar in Sumerian and Mesopotamian mythology? What is the mystery of Inanna’s descent into the underworld? How does Inanna’s journey to the underworld reflect Sumerian beliefs about life and death? What role does Ereshkigal play in Inanna’s descent to the underworld? What are the key symbolic elements in the story of Inanna’s descent?
How is Inanna connected to the goddess Ishtar? What is the significance of Inanna’s transformation into Ishtar in Mesopotamian mythology? How do the stories of Inanna and Ishtar reflect ancient views on femininity, queerness, gender fluidity and power? What lessons can be drawn from the story of Inanna’s descent into the underworld?
Ishtar (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World) https://amzn.to/3CO2A57
Inanna, Lady of Largest Heart: Poems of the Sumerian High Priestess Enheduanna https://amzn.to/43UDoFL
The Treasures of Darkness: A History of Mesopotamian Religion https://amzn.to/3qW30DH
– Canon 90D camera https://amzn.to/3yQclh0
– Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 https://amzn.to/3JjU1BS
– Teleprompter https://amzn.to/3linWCB
– Shure SM7B Microphone https://amzn.to/3Jm5IYK
– Microphone stand https://amzn.to/3FueJOn
– Lights https://amzn.to/3Zdk8k1
– Wireless microphones https://amzn.to/3NFKBUG
Black, J. A., Cunningham, G., Fluckiger-Hawker, E., Robson, E. and Zólyomi, G. (1998) Inana’s descent to the nether world: translation [Online]. Available at https://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr141.htm (Accessed 17 June 2023).
Collins, P. (1994) ‘The Sumerian Goddess Inanna (3400-2200 BC)’, Papers from the Institute of Archaeology, University College London (UCL), vol. 5, no. 0 [Online]. DOI: 10.5334/pia.57 (Accessed 16 June 2023).
Harris, R. (1991) ‘Inanna-Ishtar as Paradox and a Coincidence of Opposites’, History of Religions, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 261–278.
Kramer, S. N. (1971) The Sumerians: Their History, Culture, and Character, Chicago, IL, University of Chicago Press [Online]. Available at https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/S/bo27481022.html (Accessed 17 June 2023).
Laneri, N. (2002) ‘The Discovery of a Funerary Ritual: Inanna/Ishtar and Her Descent to the Nether World in Titriş Höyük, Turkey’, East and West, Istituto Italiano per l’Africa e l’Oriente (IsIAO), vol. 52, no. 1/4, pp. 9–51.
Stuckey, J. H. (2005) ‘Ancient Mother Goddesses and Fertility Cults’, Journal of the Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement [Online]. Available at https://jarm.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/jarm/article/view/4952 (Accessed 17 June 2023).
CONNECT & SUPPORT
– SIGN UP TO MY NEWSLETTER https://drangelapuca.com/#newsletter
– BECOME MY PATRON! https://www.patreon.com/angelapuca
– ONE-OFF DONATIONS https://paypal.me/angelasymposium
– JOIN MEMBERSHIPS https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSbip_LX2AxbGeAQfLp-Ig/join
– MY STORE ️ https://drangelapuca.com/store
– MY MERCH https://drangelapuca.creator-spring.com/
– Or SUPER THANK me in the comments!
– Instagram (angela_symposium)
– Twitter (@angelapuca11)
– TikTok (Angela’s Symposium)
– Facebook (Dr Angela Puca)
00:00 Introduction: The Goddess Inanna
03:43 The time scale and first mentions of Inanna in archaeology
06:52 The Sacred Marriage
07:52 The relationship between Inanna and Ishtar
09:16 King Sargon and Enheduanna
10:42 Representations and Interpretations of Inanna
15:18 The Descent of Inanna
18:10 Polarities and Contradictions
20:27 The concept of “Me”
21:56 Cultic celebrations
24:04 Conclusion and Dr Puca’s reflections
25:56 Support Angela’s Symposium
Music by Erose MusicBand. Check them out!
Published on June 25, 2023