In this interview, Dr Suzanne Owen will cover:
– What do we mean by the term Indigenous?
– The political implications of ‘Indigenous’
– The difference between Indigenous religion and indigenous people
– Indigenous people’s self-reflections on indigeneity
– Characteristics of an Indigenous Religion
– Indigenous worldview as a means to look forward
BECOME MY PATRON! www.patreon.com/angelapuca
ONE-OFF DONATIONS paypal.me/angelasymposium
FOLLOW ME: Facebook (Angela’s Symposium), Instagram (angela_symposium), Twitter (@angelapuca11).
DR SUZANNE OWEN’S CONTACT DETAILS
university profile: https://research.leedstrinity.ac.uk/en/persons/suzanne-owen(c708dcbb-9f2c-4b28-96e8-88d4c4249a53).html
Owen, S. (2011) The Appropriation of Native American Spirituality, London, New York, Bloomsbury Academic.
Owen, S. (2016) ‘Druidry and the Definition of Indigenous Religion’, in Cox, J. L. (ed), Critical Reflections on Indigenous Religions, London, New York, Routledge, pp. 81–92.
Music by Erose MusicBand. Check them out!
Published on December 14, 2019